Monday 7 April 2008

Ten Favourite Songs of All Time

Here are my favourite songs ever =) It doesn't matter if you don't like them, it's not your list! They aren't in order, but as a group they are my favourites...

Dead Leaves And The Dirty Ground - The White Stripes
Because it is a powerful primal love song
Mr Cellophane - Chicago Musical, (Fred Ebb & John Kander)
Because I hate indifference too
Broken Boy Soldier - The Raconteurs
Because it sounds like Jack White fronting a Velvet Underground and Led Zeppelin supergroup.
Heroine - The Velvet Underground
Because it's so simple and builds up amazingly
Dazed and Confused - Led Zeppelin
Because it covers every emotion
Scarborough Fair - Simon & Garfunkel
Because it is a beautiful arrangement of a lovely tune
I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself - The White Stripes
Because it goes from delicate loneliness to all out desperation
Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down) - Nancy Sinatra
Because it is minimalist to the extreme
Gollum's Song - The Lord Of The Rings Soundtrack
Because the words made me cry
Sitting on Top of the World - Traditional Blues Song
Because it was my first real Blues song

1 comment:

  1. I see you have made an enormous oversight.

    You have missed out "Love Machine" by Girls Aloud. I think we can all see how this beautifully composed and lyrically marvellous song deserves to be on such a list.

    Sort it out. Or if not at least stick "Jump" on there.

    ReplyDelete