Monday 3 March 2008

Poosic to my ears

A lovely friend of mine and I were talking while Ice Skating about the worst songs ever, and I see she has made a short list already, so Ada, I will join thee! here are my contributions:

Let It Be, by the Beatles- This was my contribution the other day, it sounds like a hymn, but so do many other songs that actually are hymns. And how about that, they aren't usually that interesting either! The title gave them their best advice really...

This Love, By Maroon Five - This song has taken it's toll on me, I've heard this shite, too many times before. At No point in the history of music was such rubbish necessary. Record Boss: "Hmm what can we do, rock's quite popular isn't it, and erm....yeah, pop is too, why don't we completely spoil them both by insulting the genres with such diluted piles of dung. Mr Levine we have a result!"

Yellow, by Coldplay - I think this one explains itself.

Don't Stop Me Now, by Queen - Because whenever this is played, you are sure to be having the worst time either, and Queen's pansy handed attempt at classical music with rock is also sure to be the last straw in what was probably a rubbish evening anyway.

School's Out, by Alice Cooper - This was covered by a silly little teen act called Daphne and Celeste I think. I had never realised up to this point how bad it was.

You Can Call Me Al, by Paul Simon - It pretty much shows why Paul Simon without the "& Garfunkel" suffix is a waste of audio tape. I don't want to be your body guard, and I don't want you as my long lost pal, I want songs like you did on the first 4 Simon and Garfunkel albums that are subtle, fine examples of minimalist folk with poetic references. Not stuff that rhymes "pal" with a made up name, when you could easily have put "If you'll be my body guard, 'cos I'm not very tall" and rhymed it with his actual name. The fool!

The original list by Ada you will find here:
List of bad songs

I hope you all disagree with me =)

No comments:

Post a Comment