Thursday 11 September 2008

Use Et My Sole A Light

An Atom is the basic unit of ordinary matter, and for you today, we have one here called Matt.
"Hello!!" says Matt. Matt is very old. But, he is also on the run. Yes children, Matt is hiding from somebody! Because, he holds a secret, or more accurately, the key to some knowledge that some people want. He has taken a day out from his journey through space and time to be in this story, today. Matt was born on the 4th of January, 13.73 ± 0.12 billion years ago. Yes that's right, he is older than Maggie Thatcher. Over to you, Matt, to tell your story!

"Hello!!! I am an atom, and I am attracted to you. No! I'm not trying to chat you up, I am an atom for Pete's sake. I am a naked singularity, now now don't get excited, that just means I managed to get away to be on my own without any blackholes or stuff. These things you should know, to understand my story.
"I got expelled from Atom school, just before all the hot shit kicked off. When everything exploded, everybody else forgot all about me, and went off all over the place at ever increasing speeds creating planets and stars and stuff. The only one that bothered with me was John, John Field. But that was only because he was omnipresent throughout space and time, so it was hard to get away from him really. I watched loads of atoms I knew before going over their Chandrasekhar Limit, and even hovered around the Event Horizon, in case I could save them and they'd like me again. But sadly, though I have trod many different Geodesics, everybody has either been sucked into a supermassive blackhole, or are stuck together with loads of other people that forgot me by something called Gravity, or suchlike.
"I am an anomaly, because I travel alone. Nobody knows about me, though some suspect me. Some bastards called CERN have been chasing me, indirectly, for years. Back before civilisation began, some weird things calling themselves "men" tried to invent an ideology of me, made me into some super powerful omniscient thing. But they were idiots.
"In the year 4,064,394,635,886 AD, I have seen that Robert Winkleman will find me by reading Nostradamus backwards in Spanish. Until then, I have to go, I have to catch the 16:05 Electromagnetic Field Transport Service to see Mr Doppler, who's red. If that bloody Neutrino would move his fat nucleus out the way. Salut!"

Here ends today's assembly, I hope you got all that children. Have a nice day.

1 comment:

  1. :)
    Very Enjoyable...
    Keep in touch, you English person, you!!!
    XxX

    ReplyDelete